Paragon Qatar W.L.L. (“Us”, “We”, “Our” or “Paragon Qatar”, which also includes its subsidiaries and affiliates) is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.Paragon Qatar.com on the World Wide Web as well as any software, applications including the mobile application and the infrastructure associated with it (collectively referred to as the “Website”).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, We collect information like web requests the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request. To access certain section to the Website, We may ask You to register and provide certain personal information in order to be able to save Your profile and the documents and comments associated with it.
Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by Us from You may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact data (such as Your name, email address, residential address, office address phone number and emergency contact information);
- Demographic data (such as Your gender, Your date of birth and Your pin code);
- Data regarding Your usage history.
- Insurance data (such as Your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
- GPS location
- Information relating to the electronic device including but not limited to the type of electronic device You use, its unique device ID, its IP address and/or the device’s operating system etc.
- Other information that You voluntarily choose to provide to Us (such as information shared by You with Us through emails or letters).
The information collected by Us about You constitute ‘Your Information’.
In general, you can browse the Website without telling Us who You are or revealing any personal information. While You can browse some sections of Our Website without registering, certain activities may require registration. Once You give Us Your personal information, you are not anonymous to Us. Where possible, We indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. To make Our Website effective, certain information may be collected each time You visit the Website. Such information may be stored in Our server logs. These encrypted statistics do not identify You personally but provide Us the information regarding Your visit to the Website and the type of user who is accessing Our Website and certain browsing activities by You. This data may include IP address of Your server from where the Website is being accessed, the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.), the operating system of Your system and the websites You last visited before visiting to Our Website. The duration of Your stay on Our Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access. These data are used by Us to understand the use and number of users visiting the Website.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect only such personal information that We believe to be relevant and is required to understand Your interests. The methods by which We collect Your Information include but are not limited to the following:
- (i) When You register on Our Website
- (ii) When You create a profile on Our Website
- (iii) When You provide Your Information to Us,
- (iv) When You use the features on Our Website,
- (v) When You access Website,
When You use the Website, the Our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically about Your activities on the Website; for instance, by way of cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to a user’s browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. This anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the personal information You submit to Us.
We may also use embedded pixel technologies to track usage. The information collected by these technologies is associated with cookies and may provide personally identifiable information about Your usage if You are a registered user of the Website.
Whether You want Your web browser to accept cookies or not is up to You. If You haven’t changed Your computer’s settings, most likely Your browser already accepts cookies. If You choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to full experience all features of the Website. You can also delete Your browser cookies or disable them entirely, but this may significantly impact Your experience with the Website and may make parts of the Website non-functional or in accessible.
We may use third-party service providers to serve ads on Our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect anonymous information about Your visits to Our Website and Your interaction with Our services. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about You.
We also use the log file like other servers which is the standard measures. They include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring / exit pages, platform type, date / time stamp, and number of clicks. We use them to analyze trends, administer the site, track a user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may also track the GPS location of the user in order to provide certain services.
Some third parties provide Us with personal information about You, such as the following:
- i) information from third party sources: We may obtain information about You from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by You. For example, if You access through Website through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about You from that third-party application that You have made public via Your privacy settings. Information We collect through these services may include Your name, your user identification number, Your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and Your contacts stored in that service.
- ii) Information from Our advertising partners: We receive information about You from some of Our service providers, who assist Us with marketing or promotional services related to how You interact with Websites, applications, products, services, advertisements, or communications.
HOW THE INFORMATION COLLECTED IS USED?
We collect Your Information for various purposes, including the following:
- (i) to record, support and facilitate Your participation on the Website
- (ii) to respond to Your inquiries.
- (iii) to provide You with information about services or products offered by Us.
- (iv) to provide You services/products offered by Us and to market Your services or products (if You are a service provider or seller);
- (v) to personalize Your experience on the Website;
- (vi) to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- (vii) for proper administering of the Website;
- (ix) to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website(e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages);
- (x) to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- (xi) to protect the integrity of the Website;
- (xii) to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by the law;
- (xiii) to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behavior, user preferences etc.;
- (xiv) to make disclosures as may be required under applicable law.
You acknowledge that apart from Your personal information, if You upload any content on the Website, such content may contain information including personal information and the same may be available to the other users of the Website. We will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such personal information to third parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about the use of the Website, but it will never contain personal information. We do not disclose personal information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, in situations when We are legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, We will do so.
We may keep records of electronic communications and telephone calls received and made for making appointments or other purposes for the purpose of administration of services, customer support, research and development and for improving the services.
HOW BE INFORMATION MAY SHARED AND TRANSFERRED?
We also share Your Information when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by You or to provide You with a product or service You have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include: (i) other users (where You post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by You); (ii) social media services (if You interact with them through Your use of the Website); (iii) third party business partners who You access through the Website; (iv) other parties authorized by You
We also share Your Information when We believe it is necessary to:
- (i) Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- (iii) Maintain the security of Our products and services
We also share Your Information with third parties when You give Us consent to do so.
Moreover, if We sell all or part of Our assets, or if We enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and We would share Your Information with the party that is acquiring Our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Us or Our assets may continue to use Your Information as set forth in this Policy.
You acknowledge that some countries where We may transfer Your information may not have data protection laws which are as stringent as the laws of Our own country.
ACCURACY AND UPDATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
It Your responsibility to ensure that information provided by You are accurate. We will provide You access to update Your Information. If for some reason access is denied, We will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. We may charge a reasonable fee in advance for copying and sending the information requested.
If You would like Us to delete any personal information held about You, We will do so on request unless We need to hold the information as part of the provision of products and services to You or as per the legal requirement.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website provides third-party advertisements and links to other websites. We do not provide any Personal Information to these third-party websites or advertisers.
We use industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between Us and other entities to help ensure its security. This Website has security measures in place to help protect information under Our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, You understand that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this Website contains links to other sites, We are not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATIOIN?
We retain Your Information for as long as You have an open account with Us or as otherwise necessary to provide the services to You and improve the services for all users generally. In some cases We retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, We retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify You personally.
We may conduct e-mail marketing activities. If You have provided Us with email or other personal data while using the Website, it shall be deemed to be Your consent to send You e-marketing material. We may include an “unsubscribe” link in each electronic communication so that You can advise Us whether You wish to discontinue receiving such communications going forward and will take due note of Your choice accordingly.
We may send You push notifications through Our mobile application. You may at any time opt- out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on Your mobile device. We may also collect location-based information if You use Our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on Your mobile device.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- (i) Request access to Your Information processed by Us;
- (ii) Request the rectification of Your Information;
- (iii) Request the erasure of Your Information;
- (iv) You can ask for a copy of Your Information in a machine-readable format.
- (v) You can ask Us to restrict further processing of Your Information.
Because of the nature of Our business, the Web site or services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 18 (or other age as required under Your jurisdiction). If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with personal data, please contact Us immediately. If We learn that We have collected any personal data from children, We will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have appointed a Grievance Officer to address any concerns or grievances that You may have regarding the processing of Your personal information. If You have any such grievances, please write to Our Grievance Officer at email@example.com and Our officer will attempt to resolve Your issues in a timely manner.
If You have any questions about this Privacy Notice or Our data practices generally, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org